Thursday, January 24, 2013

House Mouse Valentine

Hi, guys! Hope this finds you warm and toasty indoors as we have been in a deep freeze here in NY this week. It doesn't look like it will ease up until next week, so I am spending more time inside with my supplies and plenty of hot tea! I want to take a minute before I share the card today to thank you for all the visits and kind comments about my stamp room.  It was fun sharing it with you and I hope some of the information was helpful.

One of my crafty resolutions this year was to participate in challenges and be more active in the blogging community.  I haven't been blogging a year yet, so I am cutting myself some slack.  So, I decided to start with my first entry today.   Simon Says Stamp is holding a challenge "What are you known for?"  I found the question a great one as I am often asked what my "style" is, or, what do I like to make the most? I am a card maker at heart.  If I had to say what others know me for, I would say personalized cards for various holidays and often sweet, cute or punny sayings, and at the other end of the spectrum, distressed or Vintage images.  I love all different types, but these are the most often requested.  My mom pointed out to me a few months ago that I use a lot of "mice" in my cards.  It turned out she was noticing my House Mouse cards.  I have acquired a large collection of these guys and they are the first ones my nieces go to when they stamp with me.

For my entry in the challenge I am submitting this card.  It is a Valentine I made for a fellow blogger to give to her husband.  She noticed my House Mouse stamps and said she would like a Valentine using them.  I used my Prisma color pencils with gamsol to color the image.  It is a large stamp, so not much more needed to be used on the card.




Supplies:
Stamps: House Mouse, CC Rubber Stamps
Paper: Stampin' Up
Ink: Archival Black, Stampin' Up
Misc.: Prisma color pencils, Gamsol, Corner Rounder, Stampin' Up Label Punch, Ribbon


Aren't these guys adorable?  I sure hope Bee's hubby likes this Valentine!

Until next time!












13 comments:

Barb said...

*gasp* I love it, I love it, I love it! And I know he will, too! Thank you so much. Good luck with the challenge and I certainly hope you win!

MiamiKel said...

Aww I love house mouse! I haven't inked mine up in forever! Super fun this is! I'm sorry to hear about your temps ... I sure would be on the first plane to trade!! ;)

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Those are definitely the sweetest mice I've seen in a while, and you framed them perfectly in your card. You are such a caring blogger and so good to your friends. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Love the card, great job as usual. You are such a great talent.


Irvina

Emkay said...

So adorable!

Julia S-W said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog Winnie and leaving a lovely comment. Your little mice are so cute and beautifully coloured. I would never have the patience to colour all those paper clips - amazing!
Have a good weekend.
Juliax

Unknown said...

Great card and post! :)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Totally precious!!! Love the coloration on them as well! A wonderful valentine indeed!

Gio said...

Oh this card is soooooo darn cute, Winnie!

Hope you can dedicate more time to crafting as you wish :-)

1CardCreator said...

Sweet card Winnie, love how you colored it! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me a sweet comment too. If you still have problems with your Perfect layers e mail me, I would be happy to give you some tips that helped me. ~Diane

Sarah said...

a fabulously sweet stamped image and a great colour choice! Thank you for playing with us this week at Simon Says Stamp & Show! Sarah.

Jill Norwood said...

Winnie,
This is so sweet! I love the image!!! I am sure it will be loved by the recipient too! Love the way the ribbon picks up on the line in the bowl! Adorable card! :)Jill

Esther Asbury said...

How fun! I love House Mouse stamps -- that image is so sweet!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!